GOT A QUESTION?
Answers to frequently asked questions & things you need to know:
• Cars, mini-coach, van, train, canoe, flights & ‘on trip’ airport transfers listed in the ‘What you need to know’ section as specified.
• Accommodation, breakfasts, lunches & dinners listed in the ‘What you need to know’ section on trip pages.
• Sightseeing listed in the ‘Itinerary, Sightseeing & Pricing’ section in each trip itinerary. Unless specified, entrance fees to these locations are included.
• Experienced Vive Travels Trip Manager & Local Guides.
• Tips for Local Guides & Local Drivers.
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED?
• Personal expense money.
• Visas, passport fees, personal insurance & medical fees.
• International flights are not included unless they are internal flights as per the itinerary.
• Excess baggage fees & tips for porters.
• Sightseeing, visits & entrance fees & transportation other than those specified on trip pages.
• Me Time optionals such as mountain biking, speed boat rides etc.
• Lunches (unless specified under ‘What you need to know’ section) & some dinners.
• Departure Tax at airports & boarder crossing fees in some destinations – see price panels for applicable trips.
• Reciprocity Tax in Argentina, Chile & Bolivia for some nationalities – check with your embassy for more information
Flights as specified on individual trip itineraries are included as part of the price. As detailed within our Booking Conditions (p.79) under ‘General’, we rely on international conventions regarding air travel and other transportation as specified. Through enrolment and payment for your trip you acknowledge and accept such. Individual electronic tickets may not be used to you prior to travel, due to the group nature of the air/flight booking. In such circumstances you acknowledge that by receipt of any applicable boarding pass and/or by boarding the aircraft you have accepted the airlines terms & conditions of travel, and the application of all relevant international conventions and applicable national and international law governing air transportation.
These are the practical bits that are included on every trip:
• An experienced and professional Trip Manager and Driver team
• Modern, air-conditioned coach or mini-coach
• T ours of all major cities plus orientations in all other destinations
• Hotel tips, local taxes and service charges
• Boat crossings look out for on the trip pages. Where you see these icons, all of the above are included on your trip.
We average around 40 people per group on our Mexico trips and no more than 30 on the rest, which is the perfect size to explore with each region & get amongst it all! TRIPS WITHIN TRIPS you may notice on some of our trips that some groups join and leave at different stages. That’s because we offer shorter trips within a larger itinerary, giving greater choice & flexibility so our travelers can choose when they start their trip and how long they travel for. Visit www.vivetravels.com, for the rest if we do not have the space for 10 people the trips will be in a private format.
Vive Travels GLOSSARY
• Visit – Your trip includes a stop and you’ll get the opportunity to visit a specific site.
• See/View – You will drive/pass by the site so that you can see it.
• Sightseeing tour – A guided tour of a city or site.
• Orientation tour – Places of interest are pointed out, allowing you to go and explore them in your own time.
HOW MUCH MONEY DO I NEED?
You will need to ensure you allow enough money to cover lunches & dinners not included in the trip price, souvenirs, shopping, drinks, ME Time optional, entrance fees to some attractions & evening entertainment. When traveling within Central America, you will discover that you will often use local currency, especially in remote areas. The local currencies are Colón (Costa Rica), Quetzal (Guatemala), Córdoba (Nicaragua), dólar (Panama). The countries we visit rely largely on cash as opposed to credit cards or travelers cheques. In the larger cities you’ll find that established stores will accept credit cards. VISA is the most readily accepted, but stores normally charge a surcharge. Local market stalls will operate on a cash only basis. Local currency is available through cash (ATM) machines however you shouldn’t depend solely on a credit/debit card for cash as they are not accepted in all areas & ATM maintenance is often neglected. ATMs are available in all Airports. We recommend that you carry cash in small denominations of both US$ & local currency and have more than one credit card. Please note that traveler’s cheques are generally only accepted in big cities at money exchanges or banks. USD is preferred in all countries.
HOW MUCH LUGGAGE CAN I BRING
Baggage is restricted to only one reasonably sized backpack/suitcase & one carry-on bag & luggage policies are strictly enforced. There are some things to consider when packing for a Vive Travels trip in Central America, including leaving space for shopping on the trip:
•Due to the large number of flights on Vive Travels Central America trips, your luggage needs to meet the weight & restrictions imposed by airlines. These limits are imposed by the airlines, not by Vive Travels. Vive Travels is not responsible for any costs incurred by overweight luggage. Please refer to: www.vivetravels.com for more info.
• You are responsible for carrying your own luggage. At times this will be in hotels without elevators (as is common in the region) or on various forms of transport.
• A t hotels without elevators there may be porters but this is not guaranteed.
• We recommend small hand luggage for the Corns Island – larger luggage can be stored at The Managua hotel to be retrieved on return. Please keep your luggage to a maximum suitcase size of 29” x 20” x 10” (73cm x 50cm x 25cm) & maximum weight of 44lbs (20kg), plus one small handbag / Baggage is carried at the owner’s risk & baggage insurance is strongly recommended. Luggage is not guaranteed or included in the cost of your trip & Vive Travels reserves the right to refuse to accept oversized baggage on your trip. Note: Vive Travels is not responsible for any fees incurred as a result of overweight luggage
PAST TRAVELER 10% DISCOUNT
We’re head over heels for our Vive Travels travelers, particularly those that love us so much they come back for more. That’s why when you travel with us; we’ll offer you a 10% discount on the land portion of your trips from then on. Here’s what you need to know:
• you must have returned and finished your first Vive Travels trip before you can cash in on your 10% discount on your next adventure.
• Past traveler discounts can be applied to trips of 5 days or longer only
• If you’re buying more than one trip back to back, the 10% discount will apply to the most expensive trip
• We’re going to need a deposit before the discount can be applied to the booking
• You can’t use it on pre & post-trip accommodation rates & other selected products (because we offer great prices for our travelers on these already).
• Once you’re a past passenger, you’re eligible for a 10%* discount on trips 5+ days.
• The discount applies to brochured prices only & cannot be combined with any non-brochured special market promotions.
ACCEPTANCE OF RISK
It’s important that you acknowledge that at times traveling on a Vive Travels Central America trip may be more adventurous & presents greater challenges than your normal daily life. The civil infrastructure, medical facilities, transportation, telecommunications & accommodation standards may not be what you are used to. Cleanliness & hygiene standards also vary. As such there is some degree of personal risk inherent in traveling Latin America & as a Vive Travels traveler you accept this.
We have put a great deal of effort into producing this brochure. The information given & literature produced by Vive Travels has been compiled with care & is published in good faith. Sometimes, because of circumstances outside our control, we have to alter some activities due to seasonal closing or repairs to buildings, etc., especially early or late in the season. If this happens, alternatives will be arranged.
DO I NEED VACCINATIONS?
At the time this brochure went to press (April, 2018) the following immunizations are recommended for travelers in Latin America by the CDC (The Center for Disease Control): Travelers should be up to date with their routine vaccinations: Measles/Mumps/Rubella (MMR) Diphtheria/ Pertussis/Tetanus (DPT), Poliovirus etc.. Many countries such as Costa Rica and Nicaragua require a yellow fever vaccination if you are traveling from a country where yellow fever exists. Please be sure to check the requirements for each country don’t forget to bring with you any medication that you may require en route such as antihistamines, antibiotics, etc.
DO I NEED A PASSPORT OR VISA?
Depending on your nationality, you may require visas to enter certain countries included in your Latin America trip. You are fully responsible for obtaining all necessary visas PRIOR to the departure of your trip. Any costs whatsoever regarding obtaining, replacing or changing visas whilst on your trip (including accommodation, meals, flights & transfers incurred due to associated delays) are at your own expense. Vive Travels is not legally permitted to knowingly allow anybody who does not have a valid visa to join a trip. Visa & other entry & exit conditions (such as currency, arrival/departure taxes, and customs & quarantine regulations) change regularly. Alternatively, consult your travel agent or visit your local embassy to determine which visas you require. Your passport must have at least six months validity at time of travel. Local immigration authorities may deny entry & deport people who do not meet this requirement, even if they intend on staying only for a short period. Important to consider:
1. Visas can take up to six weeks & a fee is normally charged.
2. Failure to obtain all necessary visas could cause you to miss part of your trip & will result in you incurring considerable expense & inconvenience.
3. Vive Travels is not responsible for any costs incurred as a result of you failing to obtain all necessary visas before the departure of your trip.
4. I t is better to apply for all visas through your travel agent before you leave home.
5. I t is very important that the entry & exit dates are correct on the visa.
6. You will need a machine-readable passport.
NO COMPULSORY TIPPING – REWARD ONLY EXCELLENCE!
Every country in the world has different tipping customs & in Central America within service industries, tipping is common practice. Tipping is totally optional & only given if you feel the service has exceeded your expectations. If you think your Vive Travels Team have done an exceptional job then you may wish to tip them. This is entirely discretionary – it’s completely up to you. No compulsory tipping – reward only excellence! WILL I GET MORE INFORMATION? ? Once the final payment is received, the documentation of your trip will be announced in sufficient time before leaving for your trip. You’ll receive a comprehensive day-by-day itinerary including full details & costs of all optional activities available on email.
Security is a major concern to all of us and the situation globally is constantly changing. Events around the world, coupled with the “Travel Advisories “put out by various governments, may at times necessitate changes to the accommodations and itinerary or even trip cancelation. Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for further information in this regard. You must accept these risks involved in travel to any country that may experience security difficulties and accept responsibility for your own travel decisions. WHAT ELSE? Regular passport checks are common throughout Central America. It’s essential that when you book your trip that you provide the passport details for the passport you will be traveling with.
Cancelation, unexpected medical expenses, injuries, theft, lost luggage or money can significantly disrupt & ruin your vacation. It is strongly recommended for all trips that you take out comprehensive insurance to cover cancelation, personal liability and loss of personal property. Please check that the insurance covers all of the activities that you are going to be participating in. Some policies exclude certain adventure activities. This should be arranged at the time of payment of the deposit and will, in certain circumstances, cover you against loss of deposit or cancelation fees from the date of confirmation of your booking, as shown in the insurance policy. Vive Travels cannot be held responsible for your failure to take out appropriate insurance and we recommend you purchase your insurance at or soon after booking your trip. You also agree to indemnify us against all third-party claims, actions, damages and remedies which may be brought against us in respect of your participation in the trip.
1. YOUR VACATION RESERVATION On receipt of your deposit, subject to availability and at our discretion, Vive Travels will reserve your place on your selected vacation. A contract is only made between you and us upon your booking being confirmed and accepted by us and our communication thereof to either you or your travel agent.
2. PRICE GUARANTEE a) Trip Prices: Are based on costs, tariffs, taxes, charges, levies and exchange rates as of December 31th, 2019. Should these change, the price of your vacation may increase. If the total price increases by more than 20%, you may cancel, without penalty, within 3 DAYS after we notify you of the increase. Except as explained below, we will not increase the price of your land vacation after we receive your full deposit for your land vacation. In exchange for this guarantee, no refund will be made if the cost factors described above are reduced. We reserve the right to recover age from any increases in cruise line imposed fuel surcharges and in taxes, charges or levies imposed by any government or its agencies. b) Airline Fuel Surcharges, Air-related Taxes, Fees & Restrictions, & Levies Imposed by any Government or its Agencies: As noted above, all quoted land and air prices include airline fuel surcharges and Air-Related Taxes and Fees, applicable as of December 31th, 2019. However, if the customer is notified of the potential for a price increase and we have received the customer’s written or verbal consent prior to accepting any payment, we reserve the right to recover from any increases in those surcharges. Any additional fees charged by the airlines, such as baggage handling, seat selections, and/or any other services are the sole responsibility of the passenger(s). Additional air-related restrictions apply. See section 4.3 for details.
3. IF WE CANCEL OR CHANGE YOUR TRIP
3.1 Vive Travels reserves the right to change or cancel any trip departure in accordance with operating requirements or circumstances beyond its control.
3.2 If a cancelation is made any time prior to the trip departure*, Vive Travels only liability will be to refund the passenger the amount it has received for the booking. Vive Travels will try and re-book the same or a similar trip and, where flights have been confirmed by Vive Travels, will attempt to confirm air seats for the new date selected, subject to availability. Vive Travels is not liable for any changes, amendment or cancelation penalties incurred on any other travel arrangements purchased separately.
3.3 If an alternative trip is not available or acceptable you will be entitled to either a full refund of monies paid by you to us or transfer to another Vive Travels vacation without payment of any transfer fee.
*Please Note: The start date constitutes the date indicated on Vive Travels invoice. If you do not join the trip on the start date then cancelation fees will be 100%.
3.4 If the change or cancelation is due to force majeure (i.e. circumstances like political unrest, war or threat of war, riots, civil strife, closure of airports or ports, industrial disputes, terrorist activity, natural and nuclear disasters, fire, epidemic health risk, Acts of God, adverse weather conditions or other similar events beyond Vive Travels control) we will give a full refund of any monies paid to us less reasonable expenses incurred by us in respect to your booking.
3.5 Vive travels is not responsible for the costs of any other travel arrangements affected due to our cancelations or rescheduling of any trip departure.
4. VACATION DETAILS AND CONDITIONS
4.1 The information in our brochure is correct to the best of our knowledge at the time of going to print (December, 2019) but we cannot guarantee that any item or amenity mentioned will be available, especially where we have no direct control over it.
4.2 With respect to Vive Travels touring program. Vive Travels will do our best, at our discretion, to select accommodations, sightseeing trips and transportation to give you good value for your money.
4.3 Vive Travels constantly strives to improve trip itineraries and features. If such improvements can be made, or unforeseen circumstances beyond our control make changes necessary, we reserve the right to vary itineraries and to substitute hotels. Vive Travels is not responsible for any other travel arrangements affected due to our cancelations.
4.4 Any special meal requirements will be made on a request basis only. Vive Travels cannot guarantee special meal requests nor will assume any responsibility or liability if client’s special meal requests are not fulfilled.
4.5 We reserve the right to alter or substitute the type, size of vehicle and/ or the style of transport mentioned in the brochure, resulting in occasionally having to utilize transport without some of the features promoted including Wi-Fi & power outlets.
4.6 Complimentary Wi-Fi service is available in many Vive Travels guestrooms and/ or the public areas of most properties. In many itineraries there is paid Wi-Fi on-board the coaches. The Wi-Fi on the coaches uses the cellular phone network and as a result the connection will be slower than standard broadband and at times may not be available. In some countries and on some coaches this service will not be available.
5.1 Vive Travels is responsible for properly arranging and conducting your vacation.
5.2 As a Trip Operator, Vive Travels makes arrangements with carriers, hoteliers and other independent suppliers to provide you with some or all of the travel services you purchase. These parties are independent suppliers over whom Vive Travels has no direct control. Unless caused by its own negligence, Vive Travels is not responsible for and accepts no liability in respect to any claims, losses, damages, costs or expenses arising out of:
- Personal injury, sickness, disease, accident or death, however caused, including without limitation, where same results from your conduct on vacation.
- loss or damage to or delay of baggage or other property unless resulting from Vive Travels negligence in which case Vive Travels liability shall be limited to the actual loss but in no event would exceed the total vacation cost.
- Delays and loss as a result of government action, weather, mechanical breakdown, equipment failure, labor disputes, sickness, acts of war, insurrection, terrorism, Acts of God or any other causes beyond Vive Travels direct control. Vive Travels cannot be responsible for interruption of air carrier service due to airline default.
- Acts or omissions, whether negligent or otherwise, of suppliers of services or their personnel (including, without limitation, transportation and accommodation services) or of any other person or body unless such a person or body is employed by us, or is an agent of ours, and is acting within the scope of his or her authority. In no event is Vive Travels liable for the acts or omissions of independent third party contractors or of its own employees or agents acting outside the scope of their duties.
- loss of enjoyment, upset, disappointment, distress or frustration, whether physical or mental, resulting from any of the following:
- Any matter or topic described in sub-paragraphs (a) to (d) inclusive above.
- Your failure to obtain the necessary documentation to travel.
- Your failure to arrive on time for initial departure or for connections within the trip or to stay within or join your trip at any time after initial departure.
- You’re leaving the trip prior to its completion.
- The need for Vive Travels to change itineraries or substitute accommodations or services, provided that Vive Travels makes every effort to supply the most comparable services and accommodations available.
- Cancelation of the vacation by Vive Travels provided that a full refund of all monies paid is made to you. (vii) Many of our activities are action and adventure orientated. Sports and similar activities inherently involve risks of injury greater than those that would be encountered if you were not participating in such, and therefore, by voluntarily taking part in any sports or other such activities, you thereby acknowledge and assume any of the risks inherent therein. In the absence of negligence on our part, or on the part of our agents and representatives, neither we nor they accept any responsibility for, and shall not be liable for, any 9+
- Injury, illness, damage, loss, accident, expense, delay or any other irregularity resulting from your participation in any of the activities made available to you.
- We take every reasonable precaution possible to assure your comfort, safety, and enjoyment while you are taking part in a Vive travels vacation. Vive Travels vacations are for young 18-35 year old travelers who are in good health. A change of climate, food, time and varied cultural habits often affects travelers differently. We therefore recommend that you advise your doctor that you are taking one of our vacations and ask if he or she recommends anything for your trip, even for something as seemingly benign as an upset stomach. Since the brands of any medication to which you are accustomed may be unavailable in places to which you are traveling, we recommend you bring your own supply of any medication you will require and carry such medication in your hand luggage. Prescription drugs should be carried in the original labeled bottles. Should you fall ill during your Vive Travels vacation, we will make every reasonable effort to make prompt, sanitary, safe and proper medical care available to you. However, if at any time or anywhere treatments of any sort are suggested to you that do not meet your needs or expectations, you should not hesitate to contact your own doctor. Also, please note that the same sorts of activities that can expose you to certain types of diseases at home can just as easily expose you to those same diseases abroad. This information is provided only for your convenience and we are not responsible or liable for any damages resulting from your failure to confirm or ascertain health information or medical precaution, if any, for the places which you will be visiting.
- Vive Travels is responsible for taking care to arrange and conduct your vacation properly. With you in mind, we have accepted applications from and interviewed numerous potential employees, and then we select only those people whom we believe in our best judgment would be responsible and congenial, Trip Managers, Representatives and Drivers. Although we firmly believe, based on personal interviews and certain disclosures made to us by our employees, that all of our employees enjoy excellent health, we, like other trip operators, are legally unable to confirm this in most, if not all, instances.
- BOOKING YOUR TRIP
1.1 In order to reserve your vacation, a deposit of 50% per person per trip, or the full amount payable if booking is made within 45 days of departure, must be submitted to Vive Travels by you in respect of that vacation. This payment is in addition to any deposit required by your travel agent. The deposit is accepted as a first installment of the vacation price by Vive Travels only once the booking has been confirmed in writing by Vive Travels i or your travel agent. If paying by a third-party credit card your Vive Travels specialist will provide you a third-party authorization form that must be completely filled out and received by Vive Travels before payment can be received.
1.2 Your land reservation will be confirmed on receipt of a deposit of 50% per person for the first trip booked and then a deposit of 50% for second and subsequent trips booked at the time of booking or the reservation will automatically be canceled.
1.3 To reserve your airfare, a non-refundable and non-transferable deposit of 100% per person is required at time of booking. Once your airfare is confirmed and Vive Travels has received your air and land deposit, your air-inclusive price is guaranteed. Vive Travels reserves the right to issue your ticket based upon receipt of your land and air deposit. Any subsequent changes and/or revisions to your airline reservation after receipt of your deposit is subject to revision fees and/or airline imposed change or cancelation fees. These fees are a minimum of $350, and in some instances may be up to 100% of the ticket price.
2. PAYING THE BALANCE
2.1 The balance of the vacation price must be paid by no later than 46 days before your scheduled vacation departure date which shall be by the due date stated on the confirmation issued to you by Vive Travels
2.2 Air Payment: Payment in full for your airfare booked in conjunction with your Vive Travels may be required at time of booking. The Department of Transportation now requires Vive Travels to inform you of the following conditions. The package price is subject to change until it has been paid in full. When this happens, it is usually the result of increases in fuel surcharges and or government taxes. You must consent to the possibility that, until you pay for your package in full, your price could go up. Once you have paid in full we would only pass along increases in government taxes if applicable at that time. Bookings made directly with Vive Travels have 7 days from when the first invoice is sent to cancel the booking and request a refund, provided that the booking is still 45 days before trip start date. Bookings made through a travel agent are subject to standard booking conditions and do not qualify for a refund.
2.3 If payment isn’t made by the due date, Vive Travels may assume that you have canceled and cancelation charges in accordance with clause 3 below will be levied by Vive Travels.
2.4 Tickets and other documents won’t be forwarded until full payment and required information are received by Vive Travels.
2.5 In the case of bookings made within 45 days of your start date, full payment is due at the time of booking. For bookings made within 21 days of the trip start date, documents can be emailed to the passenger at no additional charge or passenger can pay an expedited shipment fee (that varies by state) for physical documents.
2.6 Vive Travels reserves the right to cancel the booking and apply cancelation charges should payments not be received within the above specified periods. It is your responsibility to ensure you meet your payment deadlines.
2.7 Travel documents will be sent to you approximately 21 days prior to trip start date* (providing full payment has been received). However, if physical travel documents are required the next day or earlier than 21 days prior to trip start date* (providing full payment has been received.
- IF YOU CANCEL
3.1 Freedom Guarantee / Flexible Deposit: We know that travel plans can change. If you need to cancel for any reason, your initial deposit will remain secure however an administrative fee will be charged. Or if you cannot go, the value of your deposit is also transferable, so you can donate your deposit at no additional cost. The value of the original deposit can be applied to the booking of a new trip. The original deposit refers only to the travel deposit and excludes any additional deposit such as the Inca Trail or flights. The discounts already reimbursed are not applicable. Has no cash value, and is non-refundable. Flex Deposit is not combinable with Early Booking Discounts or Last Minute Deals within 120 days of original travel date.
3.2 Notice of cancelation must be made verbally and will not be accepted via email or fax so that we can verify traveler identity.
3.3 Each traveler must call to cancel their own portion and cannot cancel another traveler on their behalf even if booked on the same reservation. Refunds will only be issued to the credit card holder(s) that made the payment(s).
3.4 The following scale of charges will apply when notice of cancelation, is given after booking is confirmed: COACH TRIPS PERIOD OF NOTICE* No. of days prior to trip departure. Cancelation Fee as a % of the total trip price
46 days or more……………………………………. See Flex Deposit* (Section 3.1)
45-22 days…………………………………………………………………………25% of trip price
21-8 days …………………………………………………………………………..50% of trip price
7-1 days …………………………………………………………………………….75% of trip price
Day of departure ……………………………………………………………….100% of trip price
Extra night hotel accommodations that are canceled within 14 days of booked date will incur 100% cancelation fee, outside 14 days the following fees will be charged:
NB: Please note, Vive Travels cancellation policy is different in Latin America due to internal flight ticketing timeframes & ground transportation confirmations. These must be booked well in advance in order to secure high quality services that adhere to our strict safety standards.*Where the percentage cancelation fee is less than the trip deposit, the cancelation fee will equal loss of deposit. If the reason for cancelation falls within the terms of any vacation insurance policy which you hold, then any such charges may, subject to the terms of your insurance policy, be refunded to you by the insurance company.
AIR ARRANGEMENTS These cancelation charges apply for airline arrangements made by Vive Travels: Prior to ticketing a service fee of $50 per person plus any airline imposed penalties. After ticketing a service fee of $75 per person plus any airline imposed penalties which may be up to 100% of the air ticket value.
3.5 Any cancelation of additional services booked prior to and after your trip or resort booking, such as pre- and post-accommodations and transfers, that are canceled within 14 days of the trip departure incur a 100% cancelation fee.
3.6 These cancelation fees are in addition to any cancelation fees that may be levied by your Travel Agent. All cancelation policies valid as at DECEMBER 31 th, 2019 and are subject to change. Final policy will be confirmed at time of booking.
3.7 Please note that Vive Travels is not liable for any cancelation penalties incurred on any other travel arrangements including air tickets purchased separately from the air and land included package. *Please note: the trip start date constitutes the date indicated on Vive Travels confirmation.
- IF YOU CHANGE YOUR BOOKING
4.1 If after your booking has been confirmed, you wish to change to an alternate departure date of any available trip, you may do so subject to availability.
4.2 If the change is requested outside of 46 days before the original trip departure no fee will be charged.
4.3 A change of booking within 45 days of original trip departure will be treated as a cancelation and normal cancelation fees will apply (as detailed in section 3). However trip deposits can be used as credit to a new trip, see Flex Deposit.
4.4 A name change to a different person will be treated as a cancelation.
4.5 A fee will be charged for any alteration to airline arrangements made by Vive Travels as per clause 3
- VACATION DETAILS AND CONDITIONS
5.1 Please read the brochure carefully for those items included in the price. No allowance or refund can be made for meals, accommodations, excursions, etc. that you elect not to take, or when museums, shops, etc are closed. Hotel facilities may vary from place to place. Meals may vary in style.
5.2 Clients must be aged between 18 & 35 inclusive to travel on Vive Travels trips. Vive Travels are specifically planned for those in the 18-35 age group. Consequently the facilities and activities on a Vive Travels trip are not appropriate to persons outside this age bracket. If you have a question regarding the age groups, you should discuss this thoroughly with Vive Travels staff personnel.
5.3 Vive Travels strives to provide a safe, enjoyable and memorable travel experience for all passengers. Vive Travels welcomes passengers with disabilities. However, please note the following:
• Passengers are required to advise Vive Travels in advance, of any physical, medical or other needs that require accommodation. A traveler information form must be completed prior to final payment.
• All guests must ensure they are medically and physically fit for travel. Vive Travels may impose safety requirements necessary for the safe operation of the trip. Vive Travels may also exclude an individual from participating in a trip or an activity if that individual’s participation poses a direct threat to health or safety.
• Vive Travels does not provide personal devices (such as wheelchairs, hearing aids or prescription eye glasses) or services of a personal nature (such as pushing a wheelchair or assistance in eating, toileting or dressing). A companion, within the age range of 18-35, capable of providing such assistance must accompany any passenger who requires services of a personal nature.
• Vive Travels does not employ medical personnel. Any necessary medical attention will be provided by a local facility at the passenger’s expense. Vive Travels is not responsible or liable for any losses or costs incurred as a result of medical services obtained while on the trip, or for the quality of the care or services received.
• Passengers should be aware some trips include rough terrain, extensive walking over cobblestone streets, uneven pavement, steps and locations which may not be easily accessible or accessible by wheelchair. During the trip, Vive Travels may make arrangements with carriers, hotels and other independent suppliers to provide travel services. These parties are independent entities over which Vive Travels has no control. Accommodations on international trips may differ from those in the United States. Vive Travels cannot guarantee disability access or accommodations for passengers traveling on international trips.
• Vive Travels may, in its sole discretion, decline the booking of any passenger or remove any passenger who cannot comply or refuses to comply with Vive Travels terms and conditions. Vive Travels is not responsible for any costs incurred in the event a passenger is removed from a trip. Passengers agree not to hold Vive Travels or any of its related entities liable for any actions taken under these terms and conditions.
5.4 You are responsible for all travel arrangements and costs to/from the point of commencement/conclusion of the vacation.
5.5 There may be times when the Vive Travels Trip Manager or Representative has to make a decision in your best interest or the best interests of their group. You agree to comply with the authority and decisions of the appointed Vive Travels Trip Manager or Representative and the laws of the country in which you are traveling. If you do not so comply or if, in the Vive Travels Trip Manager’s or Representative’s opinion, you are not compatible with the general enjoyment and well-being of other members on the trip or the smooth operation of the vacation itself, we reserve the right to refuse to let you continue with the trip. We do not tolerate the possession or carriage of illegal or restricted substances (drugs). Furthermore, you agree that your fellow travelers and any Vive Travels Representatives have the right to travel/work in a safe environment. Any threats to their safety, well-being or inappropriate behavior by you, whether verbal or physical, will be taken extremely seriously and may result in the immediate termination of your vacation. In either event, you will be responsible for your own repatriation and related costs and have no claims against us.
5.5.1 You are responsible for any costs incurred as a result of damage or excess cleaning fees related to your accommodations. You are advised to immediately report any pre-existing damage in your room to hotel staff and/or a Vive Travels Trip Manager as soon as it is discovered.
5.6 Where the passenger occupies a motor coach seat fitted with a safety belt, neither the operator or service providers, agents or co-operating organizations shall be liable for any illness, injury or death or any loss or damages or claims whatsoever arising from any accident or incident, if the safety belt is not being worn at the time of the accident or incident.
5.7 It is your responsibility to have a valid passport and all visas, permits and certificates required for your selected vacation before your departure as well as any necessary vaccinations and to comply with all applicable laws. Vive Travels is not responsible for any costs incurred as a result of failing to obtain necessary visas. Any costs whatsoever regarding obtaining, replacing or changing visas while on the trip (including accommodations, meals, flights and transfers incurred due to associated delays) are at your own expense.
5.8 You agree that our Vive Travels Trip Managers or Representatives may take photographs and films of you while you are on vacation and that these may be used in our Group brochures and/or advertising or publicity material without obtaining any further consent or payment in respect of such photographs and/ or films.
5.9 Should you have a complaint in respect to the vacation, you should inform the Vive Travels Representative during the course of the vacation and if the matter cannot be resolved after the representative’s best endeavors to do so during the vacation, your complaint should be made in writing to Vive Travels as soon as is reasonably possible after the vacation but within 42 days thereof so that your complaint can be investigated. Email complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any claims made after the 42 day period will not be considered by Vive Travels. If you choose to write to Vive Travels via the Internet, please provide your home address so that we are able to reply to you in writing.
5.10.1 The agreement arising between the passenger and the Operators under this brochure and the booking made by the passenger shall be governed by the law of the Costa Rica and Nicaragua, which shall have exclusive jurisdiction in the case of any dispute between the parties.
5.10.2 If any provision of this contract is held invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, that provision shall be deemed to be re-written to give effect to the same purpose within the permitted limits of the law. The validity and enforceability of the other provisions shall not be affected.
5.10.3 If you are unsuccessful in any legal action instituted against us, you agree to pay all our costs, including but not limited to, attorney/client costs.
- TRAVEL INSURANCE
Travel insurance is strongly recommended on our trips & we have some of the best deals on rates. Visit contiki.com/insurance. It is strongly recommended that you take out comprehensive insurance coverage for cancelation, personal injury, death, medical expenses, repatriation expenses and evacuation expenses before you travel on a Vive Travels. We strongly recommend your insurance also covers cancelation, personal liability and loss of personal property. Please check that the insurance covers all of the activities that you are going to be participating in. Some policies exclude certain adventure activities. This should be arranged at the time of payment of the deposit and will, in certain circumstances, cover you against loss of deposit or cancelation fees from the date of confirmation of your booking, as shown in the insurance policy. Vive Travels cannot be held responsible for your failure to take out appropriate insurance. You also agree to indemnify us against all third-party claims, actions, damages and remedies which may be brought against us in respect of your participation in the vacation. With the insurance of Aon Affinity we are able to offer comprehensive travel insurance at group discount rates. If you wish to have this valuable protection, please advise your Travel Agent to request the insurance and to include the cost of insurance within 14 days of making reservation or before final payment is made, whichever comes first. Please note there will be no travel insurance provided unless you request it from your Travel Agent and the payment is forwarded to Vive Travels. Complete details of the coverage limitations and exclusions are included with your vacation invoice.
- ILLNESS OR ABSENTEEISM
In the event of your withdrawal from a vacation after the commencement as a result of illness, you must obtain a medical certificate in support of any insurance claim. No refunds will be made for any absence from the trip.
- WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED IN THE TRIP PRICE
Airfares (unless you purchase a land + air package), air-related taxes and fees passport and visa fees, insurance, laundry, phone calls, beverages, meals not detailed in the itinerary, tips to Trip Managers, representatives, drivers and local guides, items of a personal nature, excess baggage, and optional excursions. For more go to https://www.vivetravels.com/terms-and-conditions/
- WEATHER CONDITIONS
Under no circumstances can we be held responsible for snow or weather conditions, nor can any vacation be canceled or amended by you at any time on the basis of snow or weather conditions.